New York City-based Borderfree is the recognized market leader in international ecommerce, operating a technology and services platform that the world’s most iconic brands rely on to expand globally and transact with customers in 103 countries and territories and more than 60 currencies worldwide. Borderfree manages all aspects of international online retailing including: localized pricing and payment processing, landed cost calculation, customs clearance and brokerage, fraud management, logistics orchestration, and customer-experience parity. For more information, visitwww.borderfree.com.
We are seeking a Project & Ecommerce Manager to support our new Consumer businesses by establishing and maintaining optimal cross-functional collaboration and resource utilization to support our ambitious growth plans. This individual will directly manage a team of  (website merchandising & production for Port51.com), while collaborating with Consumer team leads to oversee the allocation and assignment of an additional 6-8 additional professionals (business analysts, marketing/editorial, and graphic design).
This is a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth functioning and growth of the Consumer business and will report to the SVP, Consumer Products & Insights. (This role is equivalent to an Associate Staffer in Investment Banking and/or an Engagement Manager in Consulting. Preference will be given to candidates with that experience set)
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the SVP, Consumer Products & Insights on the Consumer project roadmap, defining goals, deadlines and successful deliverables for all Consumer initiatives
- Manage all Consumer staffing and project progress – spanning Ecommerce, Analytics, Research/Insights & Consumer Ventures
- Directly manage a team of 4 ecommerce professionals (website merchandising & production for Port51.com), and assist with platform strategy
- Learn the capabilities, interests, and development needs of the team, and factor this into staffing decisions
- Monitor and quality control day-to-day activities of resources and ensure projects are progressing as planned
- Schedule regular meetings with team leaders to communicate staffing plans and progress
- Facilitate communication between resources and managers to ensure optimum staffing
- Maintain information related to current projects, future projects and resource availability
- Proven leader who displays the utmost professionalism and respect
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support, and understand different personality & professional types
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills; ability to prioritize workload and delegate effectively
- Proactive and resourceful in solving problems of both quantitative and qualitative nature
- Strong attention to detail and focus on successful task completion
- Ability to deliver and absorb constructive feedback
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience
- 2-4 years of experience as a resource manager or project manager in a Professional Services environment with rapidly changing project needs
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing people directly
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3.3 GPA.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Gannt Charts
- Interested in learning the ins and outs of international ecommerce, B2B and B2C services, platforms and strategies