The Ecommerce Buyer is responsible for the managing of planning, buying, merchandising and marketing to drive sales for the
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify trends, expand on-line assortment and maintain and build vendor relationships as required
- Seek out opportunity deals that can drive sales and margin for key events and differentiate our brand.
- Partner with vendors to review online promotional opportunities and programs.
- Develop strategic plans with vendors to draw excitement and awareness to brands and launches
- Negotiate payment terms, freight terms, co-op and free shipping, backend or promotional accruals with new and existing vendors.
- Negotiate and establish item cost and retails needed to meet category sales and margin goals.
- Translate in-store pricing and promotions strategy to ecommerce site.
- Implement cross sell strategy by season to achieve online sales and margin plan.
- Create appropriate cross-sell and up-sell opportunities throughout the site. Monitor performance and adjust accordingly.
- Review site traffic, conversion, and average selling price daily, through merchandising, cart analysis, and cross-sell/up-sell results.
- Review competitive websites to evaluate site merchandise, promotional tactics, customer experience, and product presentation and translate findings into executable online programs.
- Understand website traffic trends and how they are used to drive sales using web-based sales reporting tools
- Leverage relationships with vendors to gain commitment on shared goals of expanding sales and margin.
- Partner with vendors to drive and develop additional market share. Core tasks include:
- Meet regularly with vendors to build assortments, negotiate prices, develop promotions and develop exclusive product program
- Expert level skills nad knowledge required in negotiating
- Expert level skills in MS Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate level skills in MS Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Required to travel domestically
- Bachelor’s degree with multiple years’ experience as a Buyer with a major retailer; ideally with a company that has both ecommerce and a brick & mortar presence
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to communicate at all levels
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and maintain deadlines