The eCommerce Communications Specialist will help identify newsworthy communication opportunities (internal and external) and develop supporting programs that meet the needs of the Online Business Unit (OBU). S/he will also develop and maintain an all encompassing OBU calendar of proactive marketing communication tactics.
This individual will serve as a day-to-day communication manager of incoming Online Business Unit public relations and communications requests. These requests will range from external media inquiries, press releases, video content coordination, internal communication development, marketing communication campaign support and more. This person will also manage communication and marketing reports to OBU leadership and marketing teams.
This individual will also monitor and engage with internal associates through the Sears Pebble platform to communicate about new features and functionality on sears.com and kmart.com. S/he will assist in deck and talking points development for external and internal presentations. This person will also manage blog posts, eNewsletters and analytics reporting for theSearsbuzz blog (http://thesearsbuzz.sears.com).
This individual will also manage a calendar of upcoming award and conference/speaking opportunities. S/he will manage the creation of these award entries and the submission and approval process.
Preferred Minimum Education
- Ability to provide a portfolio view of past projects and/or writing samples
- Communicate in a clear and conversational manner
- Goal setting, tracking and reporting
- Analyze market and competition
- Identify and manage tools needed for reporting and overall team efficiency
- Identify issues and escalate to necessary person(s)
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to communicate personably with large variety of individuals
- Team player
- Ability to work in a face-paced, ever-evolving work environment
- Understanding of Sears brand and products and customer profile
- First-hand experience with Radian6 social web scraping tool a plus but not required
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in marketing, communications, or related field
- 4-7 years of related experience
- On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Sears - 2 years ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...