The eCommerce Product Manager – Vertical Accounts is a critical leadership role, responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of business relationships and suite of eCommerce capabilities (products) which support the customer web experiences for SHC business units. The ideal candidate will be:
- Dynamic and results-oriented, with positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Expert problem-solver adept at finding better ways to merchandise, sell and operate
- Customer service oriented with strong client relationship management and soft sale capabilities.
- Is known for identifying critical opportunities and deconstructing vision into simple yet effective customer-centric plans
- Extremely driven and highly regarded for broad range of knowledge and experience
- Delivers success through building, driving, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve bottom-line results
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: The job scope will encompass a portfolio of vertical business relationships with a focus on improving online customer experiences for the business vertical – Softlines (Jewelry, Footwear, Beauty Products, Home)
- Build and grow relationships with internal and external customers by understanding their business needs, providing strong consultative advice on e-commerce initiatives, and delivering projects that create business results.
- Identify opportunities to grow business relationships. Manage opportunity pipeline for accounts, and communicate BU demand funnel back into the OBU planning process on weekly basis
- Represent OBU capabilities, engaging SMEs across OBU as necessary
- Define high-level requirements, facilitate estimates, create project proposals/bids, and secure funding for work
- Produce and distribute forecasts to development teams for resource planning.
- Communicate project status , facilitate scope/budget/timeline trade off decisions
- Understand BU ecommerce requirements and prioritize into roadmaps
- Understand synergies across BUs and communicate business requirements to product management for incorporation into core OBU roadmaps
- Communicate roadmaps and important OBU information to accounts. Communicate benefits and gain executive buy-in within customer business to Sears core online business objectives and roadmap.
- Collaborate effectively across functional leadership teams including merchant, creative & user experience, engineering, program management and finance.
- Rationalize and prioritize resource investments by guiding customers in developing cogent and realistic business cases.
- Serve as expert on trendsetting practices in e-commerce including analysis of the competitive landscape.
- MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of professional experience
- IT Product Management background
- Project Management / Program Management
- Familiarity with Web Based / eCommerce Technologies
- Experience Analyzing financials
- Have managed $2MM in funding for a Product
- Experience with web metrics analysis
- Technical background nice-to-have
- Retail experience nice-to-have
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...