POSTING DATE: 7/23/2013 CLOSING DATE: 7/29/2013
POSITION: Economic Development
DEPARTMENT: Economic Development
LOCATION: Fort Jackson Building
SALARY Management PG 1 $21,837.03 -
HOURS: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Monday – Friday
1-Hour unpaid Lunch
35 Hours per Week
BENEFITS: Full County Benefits after 90 days
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
To perform overall administrative support duties needed within the Economic Development Department and the Greene County Industrial Development Authority (GCIDA).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Maintains computerized accounting system. (GCIDA)
2. Accounts Receivable/ Accounts Payable. (GCIDA)
3. Attends both normal meetings and functions as required. (GCIDA)
4. Generates financial reports, minutes and other required documents for monthly board meetings and any other meetings as required. (GCIDA)
5. Review and analyze all accounts to review for accuracy and reconcile those accounts. (GCIDA)
6. Administer and maintain Revolving Loan Program and associated accounts and files. (GCIDA)
7. Order supplies and equipment on an as required basis. (GCIDA)
8. Handles normal banking duties, check preparation and any mail duties. (GCIDA)
9. Handles information requests.
10. Prepares reports and conducts research as assigned.
11. Answers public inquiries or directs callers/visitors to appropriate individual.
12. Monitors and maintains records of program status.
13. Enters data into computer programs and retrieves reports as necessary.
14. Arranges/schedules meetings, conference calls and accommodations.
15. Determines program feasibility and makes recommendations.
16. Prepares letters, memos, forms, reports and other correspondence.
17. Maintains program files and records.
18. Operates computer, software and utilizes modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
OTHER DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Understands, abides and respects appropriat e chains of command and lines of communication regarding all department activities as it applies to elected officials, boards of directors, department heads, managers, supervisors, media, and the public.
2. Becomes familiar with and complies with all county policies .
3. Attends required meetings (county, regional, state or national), trainings and seminars deemed necessary.
4. Assists the department, county staff, and the public as needed.
5. Stays abreast of current and relevant topics and events applicable to the work of the department.
6. Demonstrates a working knowledge of Greene County municipalities, institutions, organizations, school districts, cooperating agencies, and civic leaders.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all office affairs and records.
8. In advance of leaving the office, alerts supervisor and/or co-workers. Employee should anticipate any incomplete or time sensitive tasks that may require a response during his/her absence.
9. Safety is paramount in the workplace and in the field. Knowledge of safety regulations is essential.
10. Develops and/or continually updates Procedure/Training Manual for your position to facilitate consistent quality service to residents, assists co-workers to accomplish your tasks in your absence, and creates ease of employee promotions.
11. Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor to ensure program quality and program requirements are maintained.
Receives occasional instruction supervision from supervisor in regard to daily work duties.
Works indoors in adequate work space, temperatures, ventilation and lighting.
Works with average indoor exposure to noise, stress and disruptions.
Normal indoor exposure to dust/dirt.
Travels occasionally when needed to perform essential functions of job.
Occasionally subjected to outdoor conditions which may include adverse weather conditions.
May need to dress appropriately for working conditions: hardhat, reflective vests etc.
Subject to working evenings or extended hours for meetings or seminars related to the job.
May be subject to walking outdoors over multi-terrain situations.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the workday, with intermittent periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting and reaching necessary to carry out job duties.
2. Medium work with occasional lifting/carrying of objects.
3. Sedentary work, with occasional from coordination movements of fingers/hands to simple movements of feet/legs; torso necessary to carry out job duties.
4. Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
5 . Must be able to cope with the physical and mental stress of the position.
To do this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1-3 years planning or administrative experience, or any acceptable combination of experience and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must possess the technical knowledge of operating personal computers and other office equipment with accuracy and reasonable speed.
2. Must be able to pay close attention to details , coordinate efficiently and concentrate on work.
3. Must possess above average communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to speak and understand the English language in a clear and concise manner, using correct spelling and grammar. Demonstrates discretion in choosing appropriate mode and tone of communications.
4. Records, conveys, presents, and seeks information, explains procedures, and follows instruction with precision and in a timely, congenial manner.
5. Relationship s: Ability to establish and develop respectful working relationships and work effectively with private businesses, engineering firms, developers, contractors, municipalities, and private and public for-profit and non-profit organizations. Must possess ability to interact effectively with co-workers and general public and to respond accurately to routine questions/inquiries regarding department operations and procedures or directs them to the appropriate resource.
6. Must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate several schedules and details or projects with accuracy and efficiency. Possesses the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
7. Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to County information and records.
8. Accountability: Must be diligent in pursuing goals and assignments in a timely and accurate manner, giving updates to supervisor as requested.
9. Demonstrates the ability to be a self-starter and to function independently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates initiative, problem-solving and critical thinking .
10. Compliance with current Employee Handbook and all of its updates/amendments is mandatory.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply online at www.co.greene.pa.us
Contact the Human Resources Department Director, Tracy Sheehan Zivkovich, County Office Building, 93 East High Street, Waynesburg, PA 15370
County of Greene PA - 14 months ago