This position offers the opportunity to provide meaningful economic development services to Lincoln and Logan County. The Director will be responsible for working with a diverse group of municipal, nonprofit and for profit community groups. The Partnership membership is made up of large business, small business, elected officials, agriculture, educational institutions, and special interest groups. The selected person will be responsible for maintaining and growing the membership as well as being a consensus builder with the current membership and the community.
Requirements for the position:
- Experience in economic development
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field – Master’s Degree preferred
- Financial, budgeting and fundraising experience with the ability to create appropriate monthly and quarterly reports
- Familiarity of Master Plan implementation
- Successful grant writing and administration experience
- Ability to collaborate with public entities, various organizations and volunteers
- A keen understanding of the political setting on the local, State and Federal level
- Understanding of TIF, Enterprise Zones, and other special taxing incentives
- Skills in public relations and marketing
Salary Range for the position is $50,000 - $63,500, depending on qualification and experience. Additional compensation and benefit package will be negotiated at time of job offer. The selected individual will be required to posses or obtain an Illinois Drivers License and reside in Logan County, Illinois within a predetermined time after hire. Successful applicant must pass background check and drug screen.