The American Action Forum believes that all great policy-makers have a strong understanding of economics. This summer we are launching the first ever economic policy rotational program to expose exceptional economics students to several areas of domestic policy. Our hope is that these students will find a domestic issue area that they are passionate about and go on to become a great policy maker in the near future.
The areas of rotation include:
EPRP interns will spend several weeks in three of the issue areas of their choice and will also spend one rotation learning about communications strategy for a total of four rotations throughout the summer. There will be only three interns selected for the first Economic Policy Rotational Program class and the application process is very competitive.
- Energy and Environmental Policy
- Fiscal Policy
- Healthcare Policy
- Regulation Policy
- Education Policy
As part of the internship, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Hours and Compensation
- Research assistance: Interns will provide research assistance and data collection for the Forum issue area directors during their rotation
- Event attendance: Interns will attend Capitol Hill hearings, private speaker events, and events held by other DC think tanks to analyze and report on the information presented
- Forum event support: Interns will help promote, run, and evaluate all Forum events
- Semester project: Interns will create a final project on a topic of their choice to be completed by the end of the semester. Issue area directors will assist the interns with their research and writing.
- Interns must be available for 20 to 32 hours per week
- Interns will be provided an hourly wage to cover transportation and living expenses
- Interns will be responsible for bringing their own computer/equipment
- A very strong economic background
- Excellent writing ability and communication skills
- An interest in the politics and policies of center-right conservatives
- Innovative, entrepreneurial attitude
Please include in your application a preferred start date, resume, cover letter, and writing sample of less than 1500 words.