Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 24 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 600 consultants, including more than 350 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
We are currently seeking an Economist for an Associate position in our Alexandria, VA office. The individual in this position will work on a variety of projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team of economists, scientists and engineers.
- Assisting with complex data-driven economic analysis projects, including developing and monitoring project budgets
- Providing subject-area expertise in the development of sophisticated data analyses to better understand applied economic issues
- Offering extensive expertise in statistical models and estimation methods
- Assisting in the marketing of the firm’s technical capabilities through presentations to clients and the professional community
- Supporting senior staff in marketing and client relations
- Expanding expertise through peer-reviewed publications
- Ph.D. in Economics, Statistics or other related field or M.B.A. with a record of peer-reviewed journal publications
- 1-2 years of experience conducting complex economic analyses in applied areas such as antitrust, healthcare, commercial litigation, intellectual property, product liability, healthcare and resource economics
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and quantitative abilities
- Experience with statistics and programming with statistical packages (such as SAS or STATA)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong commitment to professional development
Exponent - 21 months ago
Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different...