The purpose of this position is to provide research support to the Chief Global Economist and Head of Global Economics and Research and to the Chief Economist’s Chief of Staff/Head of Project Management Office, when that position is filled. The economist will be responsible for a variety of tasks requiring a high degree of training in and knowledge of economics and statistical methods, including building up and managing economic data bases, conducting econometric analyses, preparing presentations, writing reports under supervision for publication, summarizing records of meetings, and presenting economic overviews and analyses to internal client groups.
- Undertake research and analysis of global economic trends and developments under the direction of the Chief Global Economist.
- Develop economic data bases, analytical tools and models for capturing, analyzing and displaying important global economic and financial market trends.
- Provide research and other organizational assistance to the Chief of Staff/Head of Project Management Office
- Prepare, maintain and update powerpoint and other presentations for internal and external use, including helping to prepare inputs to the Credit Conditions Committee and the Portfolio Analytics Team.
- Prepare written reports for publication on global economic issues and trends.
- Strong background in economics (particularly international economics);
- Ph.D or strong Masters degree in Economics or related discipline required;
- Strong quantitative background in statistical and econometric techniques;
- Strong familiarity with fundamentals of monetary and fiscal policies and national accounts;
- Highly attentive to detail and zero tolerance of errors in work;
- Coherent and fluent communicator, self-starter, confident in dealing at all levels ;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and manage one's own time effectively;
- Knowledge of EViews Statistical Software or similar econometric packages;
- Excellent proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint;
- Very strong computer skills including preferably programing skills;
- Excellent proficiency with both written and spoken English.
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
About the Company
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
Do you have the conviction to assess world markets with clear eyes and speak up about what you see?
Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services
is always looking for professionals who can contribute a distinct point of view. We have an unwavering dedication to cogent, coherent analysis of the ever-changing global markets. Our tools, research, and benchmarks deliver essential information to the marketplace every day. Bring your insight to Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services.
Standard & Poor's, a subsidiary of McGraw Hill Financial, is the world's foremost provider of credit ratings. With offices in 23 countries, S&P is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions. A global leader in credit ratings and credit risk analysis, S&P provides objective and independent opinions on credit risk. S&P's public ratings are disseminated broadly and free of charge to recipients all over the world on our website.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Global Fixed Income & Research
S&P Ratings Services