Exciting and highly creative opportunity in the Interweave Yarn Group as the editor of 4 issues per year of Knitscene , and related special issues. The Editor develops the content for each issue of the magazine and directs its implementation. The editor is responsible for building and managing the brand; keeping the magazine on time and on budget; and serving as the face of the product.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Develop vision for each issue, based on trends in knitting and fashion industries, and the magazine/brand mission. Create storyboards for submission calls and photo shoots to reflect this vision.
- Find and secure freelance talent.
- Select and assign knit designs for publication that adhere to the magazine mission and will appeal to the broadest readership.
- Be familiar with commercial yarns and be able to assign materials for magazine projects.
- Network with key external parties, including advertisers, yarn industry peers, contributors, and photographers.
- Develop and assign departments and features
- Collaborate with graphic designer to create product consistent with vision and mission.
- Direct fashion photography.
- Manage assistant editor.
- Work closely with managing editor and technical staff to meet deadlines and create accurate content.
- Contribute to and oversee blog posts.
- Represent brand and company at trade shows, public events, and in social media.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three+ years professional experience; yarn industry and creative direction experience preferred
- Knowledge of writing/composition and copy-editing
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our online application .
No solicitation from Third Party Recruiters please
This entry was posted in Careers , Editorial . Bookmark the permalink .
← Art Journal Freedom Named Craft Best Book of the Month by Amazon.com Editorial Team
Comments are closed.
F+W Media, Inc. - 30+ days ago
F+W Media strives to offer the highest quality content in a wide variety of formats—from print to digital to video—to highly pas...