The Editor of Sew Beautiful is responsible for producing content for each issue of Sew Beautiful magazine as well as other products released under the Sew Beautiful brand, cultivating a group of core contributors to create fresh and on-trend content for each issue or product, adhering to tight deadlines for editing, design and production, and articulating an aesthetic vision for the brand that delights and inspires current and future readers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Develop a vision for the brand and themes for each issue and product that resonate with our customers.
- Cultivate a network of freelance contributors, designers and writers
- Select the highest quality projects and patterns for the magazines and products
- Stay current on fabric trends and build key relationships with fabric companies to ensure timeliness of fabric used in projects
- Represent the Sew Beautiful brand to key external partners including advertisers, sewing industry peers, contributors and photographers.
- Collaborate closely with the design and production teams to deliver a product consistent with the overall vision
- Cast models for photo shoots (primarily children) and work with art director to produce fashion shoots
- Manage up to three content staff members
- Meet all deadlines and communicate clearly with team members about status of products
- Help team achieve social media goals
- Participate and assist in event production
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-3 years of publishing experience
- Microsoft Office, Indesign experience is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of writing, composition, and copy editing.
- Experience in the sewing industry
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our online application .
No solicitation from Third Party Recruiters please.
This entry was posted in Careers , Editorial . Bookmark the permalink .
← Acquisitions Editor, Interweave Books
Comments are closed.
F+W Media, Inc. - 17 months ago