The Communications and Knowledge Management Division (CKM) of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks an Editor to support the Publications Unit in its editorial, writing, and other communications activities, which are geared to policy, academic, NGO, and other audiences. This position is for a one-year, fixed-term, exempt, renewable appointment based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC.
• Edit, write, and, proofread text for a wide variety of publications including annual report, briefs, brochures, reports, magazine, blogs, and other materials.
• Ensure consistency of style, accuracy of content, and the highest overall editorial quality.
• Offer well thought-out and concise editorial comments that will significantly improve the publication.
• Collaborate with internal and external authors, external editors, and the design team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in journalism, publishing, communications, or related field—or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years’ experience in substantive and copy editing, proofreading, and writing publications.
• Demonstrated ability to edit and write for academic and nonacademic audiences and to understand the intention and nuances of different authors.
• Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style.
• Excellent organizational skills with good attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work on more than one project at a time.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work within a team in a multicultural environment where English is not always the first language.
• Knowledge of and experience working on international development issues.