Respected around the world as an arbiter of style, Colin Cowie is widely known for throwing the most spectacular celebrations across the globe. Colin Cowie is an authority on living with style, an author, a celebrated television personality, an interior designer, and event planner. Colin Cowie Enterprises is a Blue Ocean opportunity to redefine and revolutionize a multi-billion dollar market with a digital media and e-commerce platform that will bring Colin's established brand to a much broader audience.
The first major milestone in our path is ColinCowieWeddings.com, a website uniquely positioned to reach the modern wedding-bound consumer. We're looking for an editor with a passion for writing, weddings, design and digital platforms to join our lean and mean startup team. For the right candidate, this position offers a great deal of latitude.
Lead efforts of the planning, creation, development and implementation of wedding-focused editorial and image-based content, editorial calendars and tactical plans, ensuring that all content is relevant to both the target audience and company objectives. This role is also responsible for creating and fostering partnerships with contributing editors, email newsletters and other online communications. Additionally, this person will play a key role in defining the digital product roadmap.
Include but are not limited to:
- Write articles, newsletters, communications materials, and other website content.
- Build and manage editorial and image content in our custom CMS.
- Work closely with Community Manager regarding content development and promotion, as well as audience engagement.
- Create, manage and grow the company’s presence through strategically relevant online properties and partnerships, including working with contributing editors.
- Represent Colin Cowie Weddings at New York markets (NY Now, Bridal Market, Tabletop Market) to make industry connections, research new trends, compile content for the website, etc.
- Help shape Colin Cowie Weddings’ unique voice and product through content, product development and partnerships.
- Use Google Analytics, Google AdWords and other measurement tools to track metrics and implement SEO best practices, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-5 years experience with digital editorial writing for on-line publications.
- Excellent writing skills with clips to demonstrate editorial prowess.
- Familiarity with web production tools, such as Wordpress, Drupal or other CMS.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership, delegation skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization, HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, PowerPoint, Keynote or other digital design and presentation tools is a plus.
- High tolerance for ambiguity matched only by your desire to organize it.
- Interest and experience in the digital wedding space.
- A strong desire to be part of a small but dynamic, fast-paced team.
Colin Cowie provides a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefit package. Benefits include Medical Insurance, Prescription Drug Insurance, Dental and Vision Reimbursement, 401(k) Plan, Paid Holidays, and accrued Paid Time Off.
Only qualified candidates should apply. If you are interested, please do the following: Send your resume and a cover letter summarizing how your background matches the requirements to [careers @ colincowie.com]. Title it "CCW Editor and Content Mgr" in the subject line. Please indicate how you heard about this opportunity.
We’re located in the NYC – Midtown West area.
Proof of authorization to work in the United States required.
Colin Cowie Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only, No agency solicitations will be accepted.