40/29 News, the Hearst Television ABC/CW duopoly in Fort Smith & Northwest Arkansas has an immediate opening for a full-time Editor.
We are seeking an editor who can simultaneously coordinate feeds, edit with both the eye and ear in mind, and coordinate content elements for multiple shows.
Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical.
The ideal candidates will have a background in publishing to web platforms.
• Editing video and sound from various sources, including network and original sources.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Edits video that matches scripts as written and avoids wallpaper video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• College degree
• Past editing experience preferred
• Web publishing experience required
• Has a working technical knowledge of satellite, FTP, electronic video services, editing and playback equipment.
Qualified candidates should email a resume, references, and links to their work to: Greg Shepperd, News Director, KHBS/KHOG-TV - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearst Television Inc. - 22 months ago