URC seeks a Technical Editor to perform routine and recurring writing and editing of materials that articulate, interpret, and explain activities/efforts of HIV funded programs. The Technical Editor will draft final versions of a variety of written products prepared by the staff, management, or outside contractors; review materials for grammatical correctness, clarity, appropriate reading level, and consistency with regulations and style and format requirements; advises authors of options and alternatives where necessary and appropriate; and, edits for correctness and meaningful placement any illustrations, tables, and charts.
Proofread and fact check a variety of print and digital communications products including marketing publications, website text, internal and external communications, and other content as it is developed with the goal of ensuring accuracy, clarity, grammatical correctness and a high level of quality and consistency for both internal and external audiences.
· 3+ years of professional writing and technical editorial experience, including editing and proofreading.
· Demonstrated ability to write and edit effectively for a general audience as well as international development professionals.
· Excellent overall written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in editing and proofreading print and online content.
· Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage workflow involving multiple projects and deadlines.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· International and intercultural awareness and experience.
· Proficiency in major Microsoft Office applications and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word.
· Ability to read, speak and write fluently in English.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
University Research Co., LLC (URC) University Research Co., LLC where dedicated professionals provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. URC’s expertise centers on maternal, newborn, and child health; HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; nutrition and infant feeding; and vulnerable children and families. It approaches the challenges rising from these health areas through quality improvement, health system strengthening, behavior change and communication, and research and evaluation.
URC's approach recognizes that human behavior is complex and results from a combination of context-specific influences, including environmental factors, social norms, health policies, the quality of health services, and individual knowledge. For this reason, we apply a systematic, continuous process shaped by evidence and feedback to develop and monitor multi-level, multi-media health communication and behavior change interventions that are part of our projects in over 45 countries.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
In the U.S., URC is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the American people by addressing health and related social...