Science and Technology
The Editorial Assistant (EA) position supports a team of scientific editors in the Cell Press portfolio. Editorial Assistants touch on all aspects of the editorial process, with some of an EA's tasks including:
- serving as the primary contact point for the journal and answering all inquiries/questions relating to the portfolio
- screening and processing all new and revised manuscript submissions
- helping to coordinate and expedite the peer review process
- maintaining the journal's electronic file system through our database management tool
- coordinating the submission of final materials for publication
- working with the team of scientific editors to address any issues that may arise
- composing HTML email alerts for each new journal issue
- and more.
A strong candidate for the Editorial Assistant position will be a driven, focused individual entering the publishing industry. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, desire to take initiative and own tasks, and self-scheduling are imperative. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat is key, as is an ability to quickly grasp new technology. Familiarity with HTML coding a plus. Must be able to work in coordination with others while presenting a friendly face to our partners and customers. Bachelor's degree minimum, experience in publishing industry a plus.
Dec 7, 2012, 9:09:26 PM
Elsevier - 2 years ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...