• Write catalog, cover and promotional copy and preparing fact sheets
• Prepare catalog files and presentation materials
• Communicate with freelancers and agents about queries, approvals, etc.
• Traffick editorial projects through Production, Copyediting, and Marketing, and secure appropriate approvals
• Enter title data into proprietary databases system and track data throughout publishing process
• Enter Editorial and Copyediting changes into InDesign files
• Contribute to Editorial passes on pending manuscripts
• Coordinate meetings and events, including Sales Conference and Trade Shows
• Perform administrative duties, including: photocopying, sorting mail, filing, directing/responding to phone calls, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in manga and comics
• An ability to attend to details and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Adobe Suite (particularly InDesign) and databases
• Polished communication skills & interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree in English preferred
• Japanese and/or Korean language skills strongly preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of publishing experience preferred (internships ok) or other editorial work experience
Hachette Book Group goes by the book. The division of Hachette Livre is home to book publisher Little, Brown and hardcover, mass market,...