Prevention , the leading health and wellness magazine, seeks a creative, organized and resourceful Editorial Assistant to join our staff. You will work closely with and support the editorial team, and your responsibilities will include research, pitching, and writing as needed; assisting senior staff members day-to-day; and helping administratively in the execution of the magazine and ancillary Prevention projects.
The ideal candidate is curious and energetic, loves to write, and has impeccable attention to detail. You should also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, juggle various tasks at once, and work well with people at all levels in the company. Organization and accountability are a must; a passion for healthy living is a huge plus.
This position is based in the Emmaus office and reports to the Executive Editor.
- Work with the senior members of the editorial team in a support capacity
- Pitch and write about health news and trends for various departments in the magazine and the website
- Assist with magazine copy flow and daily administrative needs
- Research stories for the magazine and related Prevention projects
- Support the editorial staff with administrative tasks including travel booking, meeting scheduling and more
- Attend all editorial staff meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments as needed for senior staff
- Journalism/English degree or similar
- Prior work or internship experience at a magazine publication or website
- A strong interest in health and science
- Ability to successfully manage administrative tasks for the team
- Familiarity with a monthly production schedule and meeting short-term
Rodale has made a positive difference in the lives of millions of people. Perhaps we’ll make a difference in yours.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent writing, editing and computer skills
- Familiarity with online publishing platforms such as Drupal and Wordpress
Discover this career opportunity and more at www.rodaleinc.com
Prevention is the nation's leading healthy lifestyle brand, with a U.S. magazine audience of 9.3 million readers, 8 international editions, and a top digital destination http://www.prevention.com that has more than 2.3 million unique visitors each month, 28 million page views, and 1.3 million newsletter subscribers. Each year, nearly 50 million Prevention products are sold, including books, special-interest magazines and bookazines, and DVDs. Prevention's Twitter handle is @PreventionMag and Prevention can be found on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/preventionmagazine . Prevention magazine and its apps are available on the iPhone and iPad.
About Rodale Inc.: Rodale is a global lifestyle company with a mission to inspire and enable people to improve their lives and the world around them. Through a broad portfolio of leading media properties, Rodale reaches more than 70 million people around the world through multiple distribution channels, including magazines, books, online, mobile, e-commerce, direct-to-consumer and video. Rodale publishes some of the best-known health and wellness lifestyle magazines, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, Running Times and Organic Gardening , and is one of the largest independent book publishers in the United States with a collection of bestselling titles including Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite, Eat This, Not That! and Flat Belly Diet. The companyis also widely regarded as a digital leader in the areas of health and fitness and has launched three digital properties—Fitbie.com and YouTube channels 3V and Tasted. Rodale continues to expand its reach through an ever growing list of award winning mobile applications and partnerships, and is a leader in direct-response marketing with more than 27 million active customers in its database. To learn more about Rodale, visit www.rodaleinc.com .
Rodale Inc. - 14 months ago