About Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up and most recently, Brave. The Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its eleven films have grossed more than $6.5 billion at the worldwide box office to date. The next film release from Disney•Pixar is Monsters University (June 21, 2013).
Who Should Apply:
To be eligible for an internship at Pixar, you must be in or have completed at least your Junior year of college, be a graduate student, or have graduated the year the internship commences.
Summary of Position:
Pixar offers an exciting internship program intended to give students valuable “hands on” experience and exposure to our unique production environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals – to experience first hand “the day in the life of a Pixar Editor”. This internship is paid and offers housing for the duration of the internship as well as travel assistance for students hired outside of the San Francisco bay area. Pixar is located in Emeryville, CA.
Through our 12-week internship, Editorial Interns will work in collaboration with Editing Mentors to do the following:
· Gain knowledge about the Pixar editorial process, as well as the entire production pipeline
· Work closely with other Editors to learn consistency, versatility and speed throughout the editorial process
· Through using Avid Film Composer, your editing skills will be supported and challenged as you work with Mentors to review sequences and update reels
· Provide various levels of organizational, operational and technical support to the Editorial Department
Background, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required at Minimum:
• Advanced experience with Avid Film Composer required
• Final Cut Pro experience preferred
• Working towards a degree that supports your interest in film making (with a particular emphasis in editing)
• DVD demo reel demonstrating your editing experience
• Be highly motivated, mature and eager to be part of the Pixar team
• Excellent people skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proved ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as with a team
• Positive “can do” attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism
• Ability to work quickly and collaboratively, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Apply online with your resume and cover letter
• DVD Demo reel should be no longer than 15 minutes in length
• Please ensure that you have agreed to the Terms at the end of the on-line application. You will not be able to continue without this affirmation. By agreeing, you are agreeing to the terms of the Submission Release.
• Once you have completed your application, please send your hard copy resume, cover letter and DVD demo reel to:
Pixar Animation Studios
Attn: Editorial Internship
1200 Park Avenue
Emeryville, CA 94608
(Please do not upload your material onto this site--follow instructions above.)
• Due to the high volume of submissions, we're not able to provide feedback and/or return materials. Please do not send originals.
• You will receive an email acknowledging the successful receipt of your on-line application. Depending on the amount of applicants, we're generally able to make final hiring decisions approximately 4-6 weeks after the posted deadline date. If we are interested in pursuing you for the position, we will contact you directly to further discuss.
• Please note that we do not accept any submissions at the Security Kiosk. Please mail in all submissions. Due to the quantity of submissions we receive, we are unable to personally confirm receipt of packages.
Application Deadline :
Term: Summer 2013 (June - August)
All application materials must be submitted by midnight PST on Friday, March 22, 2013.
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pixar Animation Studios keeps computer-generating hits. The company has produced about a dozen full-length animated movies, including the...