SankyNet is seeking applicants with excellent writing and copy editing skills to fill an editorial intern position. The right candidate will be motivated, creative, and capable of working independently and taking initiative. SankyNet works with a wide range of clients so a general interest in nonprofit causes and activism is also a plus.
Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) and blogging is strongly preferred. Some knowledge of blogging platforms such as Wordpress and other content management systems is a definite plus, but not necessary.
- Applicant must be very comfortable using a computer (Windows environment), the Internet, and be proficient in MS Word. Additional computer skills, including HTML experience, is a plus.
- Applicant should be familiar with social networking platforms and blogging.
- Previous writing and editing experience is preferred.
Hours & Compensation:
Part-time (24 hours/week minimum). School credit is available, plus a stipend to cover travel and meal expenses.
- Writing thoughtful, creative blogs on a variety of subjects pertaining to the nonprofit world, with additional attention to search engine optimization, linking, and tagging.
- Researching trends in fundraising, nonprofits, social media, technology, etc. to produce original content for the SankyNet blog.
- Writing and editing small pieces of website, social media, and other copy for a variety of organizations whose missions range from hunger relief, women's rights, education, and animal welfare to biomedical research and the arts.
Reply to this ad by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume (including references and salary history/requirements)
Several writing samples, preferably including an email, web content, and/or e-newsletter.