The Education Account Executive (Ed-AE) is responsible for establishing relationships with new higher education institutions and creating new opportunities with existing higher education customers. The Education Account Executive will work closely with education leadership to develop programs that can attract new learners to Capella University. A thorough understanding of the needs of higher education institutions both in the area of articulation and professional development of faculty and staff and the ability to articulate solutions within this market is a must. The Ed-AE will also disseminate important customer insights into the new product development process to ensure that Capella degree and non degree programs are effectively designed to meet customer needs.
- Establish and develop professional relationships with decision-makers to align Capella University products and services within new and existing accounts.
- Develop and implement ongoing strategic plan focused on business solutions that impact performance, and meet client business needs
- Generate appropriate activities necessary to implement and business development solutions; including launching new opportunities, development and implementation of tools, active participant in promotional events, such as alliance events, industry trade shows, etc.
- Prepare and conduct client presentations to influence decision-makers within existing and new accounts.
- Make recommendations and implement strategies to increase penetration into the accounts; ensure customer satisfaction by coordinating initiatives
- Comfortable calling on and influencing executive level decision makers at the VP, Provost, Director, and President levels.
This position is based in Capella’s corporate office in Minneapolis, MN and Capella does not provide relocation assistance for this position.
: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
: The Education Account Executive will be an entrepreneurial and professional goal-oriented individual with demonstrated successful accomplishments in the sales profession. They will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in B2B sales (preferably Education), focused on service solutions
- Ability to communicate persuasively and clearly orally and in writing, as well as strong public speaking skills; strong customer-centered selling skills.
- Strong understanding of Education industry value drivers, structures and commonly used terms and language.
- Strong strategic selling & planning experience including forecasting, interpersonal relationship building skills including the ability to influence decision makers, and CRM.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with other departments and team members.
- Comfortable in an environment of change and some degree of ambiguity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while demonstrating exceptional customer service skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills; ability to work in changing situations; well organized and attention to detail; inspires confidence in self and Capella University; consistently demonstrates customer focus.
- The position will require a minimum of 30% travel. Use of personal vehicle is required (with mileage reimbursement).
- Ability to independently manage an ever changing workload with opportunities in all stages of the sales funnel; strong self-discipline and motivation required.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...