April 24, 2013
Bilingual Education Assistant
40 Hours per Week
Temporary Position through September 30, 2013
ORR Shelter Program
Program serves Latino youth in a residential Shelter.
- Many clients only speak Spanish
- Bilingual in Spanish/English Required
- Join our Latino Services Provider Group
When Applying Please Reference Job Code EA-154
Please Follow Application Procedures
The Education Assistant monitors and provides successful transition of youth educational records from a program serving unaccompanied children. Position works in the classroom to monitor behavioral management and assist with educational programming.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma required.
- 1 year experience working with youth with preference given to work in a classroom or educational setting.
- Experience with record keeping systems
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, writing, reading and verbal required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to working in a multicultural/diverse work environment and be sensitive to other cultures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with a broad variety of people including clients, staff, supervisors and management.
- Ability to use data bases, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Knowledge of record keeping systems
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and use supervision effectively.
- Ability to provide auditory, visual and physical supervision of clients.
- Ability to stay calm and mentally/emotionally available in an environment serving troubled youth.
- Ability to organize workload effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff and the community.
- Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to regularly attend scheduled shift, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Ability to perform physical restraints of clients up to 200 pounds.
- Ability to provide sight and sound of clients at all times during shift.
- Ability to provide a safe environment following agency protocols.
- Position may require driving an agency vehicle, a valid driver’s license for state of residency is required. If driving a personal vehicle, personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy. Transporting clients may be required.
- Blood borne Pathogens training is required on the first day of employment.
- Must pass a criminal history check.
- CPR/SFA obtained within 30 days of employment and kept current.
- TB testing required.
- Language Testing for both English and Spanish language
- May work at multiple ORR Programs
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/ requirements.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “EA-154” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “EA-154” on your cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison Child and Family Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard