Position Information: Part Time, Hourly
Responsible for the daily management of Education Department registration program: database management, interfacing with clients, providing excellent customer service, up-selling, scheduling, reporting, and reviewing and managing Education financial targets.
Essential Functions (including but not limited to):
- Provides exemplary customer service as outlined by department guidelines.
- Accurately handles payment transactions through the use of a cash register and/or computer while adhering to designated cash handling guidelines.
- Responds to all guest queries and provides general information.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of admissions office and surrounding areas.
- Manages large groups and crowds in a manner consistent with department guidelines.
- Provides backup coverage in various positions for other educational employees.
- Follows established guidelines to ensure the safety of guests and staff.
- Keeps organized, accurate paper and electronic records. Assists in tracking sales data.
- Handles reservations and sales of individual event tickets and data entry. Handles credit card, phone, and online sales of event tickets.
- Responsible for professionally communicating with clients, and other departments, and others. Provides excellent internal and external guest service at all times.
- Takes phone messages and returns calls requesting information.
- Performs filing, photocopying, and other general clerical duties.
- Ensures that all daily duties and assignments are completed in a timely manner on a daily basis.
- Maintains daily records and logs in compliance with Zoo policy and all regulations governing these operations.
- Recommends and enforces policies and procedures of functional areas of responsibility.
- Avoids potential for theft and inaccurate record keeping through continued vigilance and proactive behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- A high school or equivalency diploma preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Computer and/or cash register experience preferred.
- The ability to perform exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively.
- Effective time management and the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas and contribute effectively to the department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to anticipate: ability to think ahead and plan.
- Must be able to think logically and solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Must have the ability to follow specific instructions and also be comfortable self-directing.
- Must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle everyday situations quickly and effectively with a positive attitude.
- Quality control: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Must be skilled in the use of a computer, preferably Thriva Management System, Word, and Excel Database or the most recent software.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form pertinent information needed by other Education Department members in relation to programs in detail.
- Ability to prioritize (knowing what needs to get done first and what can wait until a future date).
- Must be able to resolve customer service issues with limited direction from the Director of Education and interact professionally with employees and customers.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, have follow-up skills and be able to work without supervision.
- Must be able to use a telephone, calculator, fax machine, copy machine and other modern office machines effectively and efficiently.
- Must be flexible and willing to work with new situations in a growing facility.
- Must be able to withstand typical Florida climate.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work on computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holiday events as needed.