Position Numbers: GS-09 - PD 06322A, GS-10 - PD 01170A (Target Level).
NOTE: DUTY STATION LOCATION SAN DIEGO, CA.
This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
This Education Compliance Survey Specialist (GS - 1801- 09( Target 10) is with the Veterans Benefits Administration, Education Division, Muskogee Regional Office, Muskogee, OK. The duty station location for this position is the San Diego, CA VA Regional Office.
- Conducts compliance surveys remotely or at approved schools and establishments to verify that payments made to eligible students are in keeping with VA regulations pertaining to the requirements for approval of courses, that records are maintained, reporting requirements are met and that responsibilities are adhered to by the training facilities and the VA.
- Prepares for surveys by familiarizing self with approval files and reviewing prior surveys and records contained in compliance files.
- Reviews and audits school and company records to determine compliance with all VA laws and regulations, as well as other applicable regulations.
- Interviews school or company officials, veterans and non-veteran students, providing advice on veterans' benefits as requested.
- Conducts investigations pertaining to compliance with provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 404 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975.
- Discusses results of survey with school officials and management officials.
- Writes a summary compliance survey report which indicates whether discrepancies found on a prior survey have been corrected, documents any new discrepancies, and describes what actions are required next.
- Follows up on all discrepancies to be sure that corrective action is taken.
- Recommends appropriate actions as necessary, such as further referrals to other agencies, offices, committees, etc.
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...