Education Consultant (Secondary)
Job ID : 2013-15346
# of Positions: 25
Posted Date: 2/1/2013
Job Location: US-REMOTE LOCATION
Position Type: Per Diem
Category: Professional Development
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Classroom Technology Education Consultant will be responsible for delivering technology-based professional development. While services will emphasize individual technical skills with given technology applications or hardware, the focus of Classroom Technology Services will be on the application of technology within K-12 curriculum to improve student learning and achievement.
The consultant will work directly with the Classroom Technology Service Manager and will also work with other consultants and Pearson field staff to ensure that services meet customers’ needs. The consultant will be responsible for building relationships in schools and districts to support future sales. The consultant may be assigned as an implementation manager for large-scale or 1:1 implementations.
The consultant must be able to provide at least 4 days per month.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF JOB
- Delivers content-rich face-to-face professional development
- Assists teachers in developing lesson plans for use in their own classroom that integrate technology
- Conducts observations of participants teaching technology-rich lessons developed during workshops
- Leads debriefing and planning meetings for participants
- Coaches participants in revision process based on observation and debriefing session
- Maintains transparent communication with all stakeholders
- Utilize project management skills for large-scale or 1:1 initiative implementations
- Completes all necessary follow-up documentation from onsite delivery of service
- Provide top rate professional development to all Pearson Technology Services customers. (70%) This will require:
- Identifying appropriate technology and curriculum resources and examples
- Creating effective learning environments for professional development
- Ability to work and train in cross-platform environments.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Knowledge and expertise with integrating technology into the classroom
- A strong understanding of backwards planning (Wiggins and McTighe)
- Ability to problem solve and quickly adjust plans according to customers needs
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, in large and small groups settings
- Maintain transparent communication with all stakeholders (5%)
- Complete all necessary follow-up documentation from onsite delivery of service (5%)
- Travel to contract sites (20%)
- Experience with Secondary Pearson programs including PH Lit, Digits, PH Algebra (and other PH math titles), Write to Learn or Writing Coach, Science curriculum, Social Studies curriculum
- Extensive experience with various technology hardware and applications, including desktops, laptops, Microsoft Office suite applications; wireless devices (e.g., wireless laptops, tablets, student response systems, etc.); Web page authoring applications, and interactive whiteboards
- Certification with Promethean is preferred
- Preferred experience with Pearson digital & Adobe products
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of cognitive learning theories as applied to adult learning experiences
- Knowledge of effective professional development practices
- Knowledge of ISTE NETS standards
Related work experience
- Five years or more experience in K-12 teaching required
- Experience in professional development delivery, including Web-based professional development
- Experience with the application of multimedia to online and face-to-face workshops
- Experience with application of technology in K-12 classroom environment
- Experience using interactive software and hardware in the classroom
- Project management experience focused on service or implementation delivery
Formal education or equivalent
B.A. or B.S., Masters in Education or Instructional Technology preferred
Pearson Education - 18 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...