Position Summary: The Principal is the supervisor for this position. Responsible for coordinating the placement of offender students in an educational environment most conducive to their educational needs. Coordinate all testing and counseling activities with the unit principal in compliance with Management & Training Corporation ( MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal. Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Review detailed background file, conduct personal interviews and test as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each assigned offender; refer offenders to other program areas as appropriate.
2. Coordinate unit-testing program for GED and TEA.
3. Provide classroom Guidance and Counseling on unit.
4. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
5. Maintain accountability of inmates and property: adhere to safety practices.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master's degree from college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Counselor for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). To be eligible for applicant, applicant must have (1) A valid teacher certificate at the level of assignment, (2) 24 semester hours of graduate level credit, including 12 semester hours of Guidance and Counseling; and three (3) years classroom teaching experience. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...