Education Data Analyst (Analyst Fellowship)
Looking to leverage your analytical skills to make an immediate impact? Want to be part of transforming our nation's education system and increase opportunity for all? Are you ready to lead?
At Education Pioneers, you apply your analytical skill set by consulting on mission-critical projects in the K-12 education sector, making an impact from outside of the classroom.
Join us for a 10-month, full-time, paid leadership development program, while we provide you with professional development, on-the-job training and mentoring.
In this program you will use business and analytical skills to lead and manage strategic data-base projects in some of the nation's largest educational school districts including: top charter school organizations, state departments of education and other education nonprofits.
With 10 months (September 2013 - July 2014) of high-impact, paid work experience, structured professional development and career support, Education Pioneers will offer a unique hands-on opportunity to explore a meaningful and rewarding career where your analytics impact the education industry.
Click here to get a better idea of what our analysts do and their backgrounds!
Listed below is a sample of the roles our analysts have served in with our partner organizations:
Senior Data Analyst - Data Manager - Growth Analyst
Strategic Business Analyst - Education Policy Analyst - Program Manager
Please consider joining us for an information session webinar to learn more about what this opportunity entails for you and your career goals!
We are currently accepting applications for the following cities: Austin, TX | Bridgeport, CT | Chicago, IL | Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | DC Metro Area | Denver, CO | Detroit, MI | Greater Boston Area | Houston, TX | Los Angeles, CA | Memphis, TN | Nashville, TN | New Orleans, LA | New York Metro Area | Sacramento, CA | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle, WA
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with demonstrated track record of academic excellence and leadership
- Proficient or advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a highly analytical role, preferably:
- As a Consultant or Analyst
- In finance, strategy, marketing, or operations
- Energetic, self-starter who drives to results
- Ability to commit to the ten-month program, including participation in all mandatory events and Convenings
- Authorization to work in the United States (international candidates are encouraged to apply only if they do NOT require VISA assistance)
- Two years (by September 2013) of full-time professional work experience (excluding undergraduate summer work)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities
- Proven project management skills, including attention to detail and demonstrated achievement of project outcomes
- A strong commitment to Education Pioneers' mission and core values of courage, optimism, collaboration, and action
To be considered in our priority round , apply online at www.educationpioneers.org by February 15, 2013 *.
*We have two application rounds for the Analyst Fellowship. The final round application deadline is April 10, 2013 .
Education Pioneers mobilizes and prepares a national network of talented leaders and managers to accelerate excellence in K-12 public education and transform our education system into one that equips all students with the skills they need to thrive in college, career, and life.
Through the organization's Fellowship and Alumni programs, Education Pioneers increases the talent supply of top leaders in education to improve the leadership capacity in key education organizations – such as school districts, charter school organizations, and nonprofits – and to ensure that education is the best led and managed sector in the U.S. economy. More information about our work and programs can be found at www.educationpioneers.org .
idealist.org - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard