School year position beginning immediately- 6.5 hours per day $9.75 per hour
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Must hold NH DOE Paraprofessional I or II certification.
2. College corsework desirable
3. Experience working with children, preferable in a school setting or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills and abilities
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and/or designee(s)
JOB GOAL: To support students and to implement individual student plans under the direction of a certified teacher or licensed professional
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Under general supervision, assists school teachers, program coordinators, and specialists in completing instructional and clerical duties and assignments involving students with mental, emotional or multiple handicaps
2. Performs technical and/or service requirements requiring limited supervision.
3. Performs instructional assignments with minimum supervision in comprehension and reinforcement skills, emotional, physical, developmental, language, reading, math, and related skills
4. Assists in preparing and developing basic teaching materials and other support materials. Assists students individually or in groups with lesson assignments.
5. Attend meetings and training sessions
6. Assists students to and from transportation sources and during recess, playground, lunch, and other school periods. Assists students to and from para-podium, wheelchairs, and related devices
7. Assists students with personal hygiene, sanitary, and toiletry functions and needs.
8. Assists with student's individual educational plan both in Special Education programs and regular education settings
9. Assists in implementing school rules and regulations
10. Monitors lunchrooms, play and recess areas and other activities under the supervision of a teacher, specialist, or coordinator
11. Reports incidents of violation of rules of discipline and standards of conduct within the schools
12. Maintain ethical standards and confidentiality
13. Other duties assigned by the principal and Director of Special Education
14. Guides the learning process to help student achieve goals
15. Maintains environment conducive to learning
16. Maintain communication with professionals serving students