For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey. TOMORROW starts here.
TS Training, a Learning@Cisco team, seeks to hire a Technical Instructor with expertise in the areas of Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) and Unified Computing System (UCS). The candidate should have a firm grasp of the Consolidated Input/Output (I/O) that supports both SAN(FC , FCoE) and NAS(IP-Based Storage) technologies in/across NX-OS based infrastructures.
The candidate will be responsible for working across teams and organizations to develop and deliver comprehensive trainings that include power-point lectures, white-board demonstrations/interactions, hands on labs, and live question and answers sessions. The technology and/or features are constantly changing and the trainings will have to be updated accordingly. The candidate will need to help design, procure, and install Cisco products that will afford the students hands-on learning. The candidate may have to troubleshoot issues with students during the training deliveries.
Product experience: required in at least 3 or more of the following product lines:
Data Center Switches:
Nexus 1000v,Nexus 3000,Nexus 5000/5500, Nexus 6000, Nexus 7000, Nexus 2000 Fabric Extenders, Nexus-Operating Systems, Data Center Network Manager -LAN
MDS 9100, MDS 9000,MDS 9500, Data Center Network Manager - SAN
UCS B-Series Blade Servers System, UCS C-Series Rack-mount Servers, Cisco Virtual Interface Card(VIC), Unified Computing System Manager.
Key Feature/Technology : in-depth knowledge of at least 3 areas
Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP), Overlay Transport Virtualization(OTV), Fabric Path, Virtual Device Context(VDC), Unified Ports, Virtual Port-Channels(vPC), Server Virtualization(VMware/Microsoft).
Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Cisco WebEx Training Center required. This person should be flexible and able to accommodate learners from around the world. Occasional off hours deliveries are possible.
Trainer core competencies also include:
• Develop skills needed by CSE’s to solve problems. Emphasis on technology (theory, configuration and verification) and troubleshooting (methodology and tools).
• Support production of technical content including lectures and labs using instructional design centered on skills development.
• Employ assessment tools to establish baseline skill level and gauge learner progress.
• Deliver technical courses independently.
• Proctor technical labs during bootcamps.
• Ensure facilities and lab readiness prior to use; solve problems as they develop.
• CCIE-level skill at core internetworking technologies preferred not required.
• Seek ways to increase visibility and/or impact of training.
• Deliver content using the methods and technology(ies) needed to reach our target audiences globally.
• Ensure training content and delivery satisfies the needs of a global audience.
• Very effective at gauging learners' understanding and adapts deliver to the needs of the learners.
• Continues technical growth to remain current in field of expertise and expand skill set..
• Focus on skills development for members of TAC CSEs, escalation team, outtaskers and others in similar positions.
• Work closely with other organizations throughout Cisco to ensure content is aligned with business objectives.
• Influence strategy on direction of new technologies for development.
• Evaluate labs and course content developed by other instructors.
• Uses relevant verification and troubleshooting tools.
• Strong team-player.
• Strong multi-tasker.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience as a “successful” Cisco Systems CSE preferred.
• Requires a BA/BS degree or equivalent and 7-10 years’ experience. A technical training background and/or experience in a technical support position is preferred.
• Develop creative arrangements to leverage internal and external resources towards Bootcamp training delivery.
• Must have a good understanding of the technologies related to the TAC and have thorough knowledge of the target audience's technical requirements. Must be able to influence, coordinate and negotiate with cross-functional teams.
• Prior training experience preferred.
• Requires excellent presentation, written, and verbal skills, and ability to work successfully in a rapidly-change environment.
Position is located in RTP, NC. Candidates will need to be located in the RTP, NC, within commuting distance or able to relocate at their own expense.
As we realize our globalization strategies and move in to new markets, our diverse, inclusive culture also creates a competitive advantage for Cisco. It ensures we have the fresh ideas and execution capabilities and the local knowledge we need to best serve our customers and build our presence around the globe. By gaining a better understanding of the world and the differences in its people we can change the way it works, lives, plays, and learns.
Cisco Systems - 6 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...