DESCRIPTION and DUTIES:
The Technical and Brokering Services Division (TABS) of CREC is seeking part-time educational consultants to provide professional development, technical assistance, and brokered services to support clients in local school districts, state and local agencies and CREC programs in creating and maintaining successful learning for all students.
- Provide school districts with direct service to students.
- Provide consultation services to staff.
- Develop, promote and implement new CREC TABS program initiatives.
- Develop and present professional development workshops and conferences.
- Master’s degree in education (general or special) or related services preferred.
- Three years’ experience in an educational setting.
- Specific expertise, education, and experience in one or more of the following areas are preferred: Positive Behavior Supports and Interventions (PBIS),Applied Behavior Analysis, math, assistive technology, and autism.
- Experience in providing high quality professional development.
- Experience in promoting positive school change; knowledge and understanding in working with adults; expertise in effective methods to improve student achievement; skill in supporting and implementing strategic action plans; previous experience in making data driven decisions; and reflective problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be collaborative, highly team-oriented yet possess initiative, self-motivation, and the ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
- Must possess superior customer service and communication skills.
Consulting for CREC offers flexible work schedules and assignments, opportunities to develop progressive programs and initiatives, the ability to work with highly qualified master staff developers, and specialists within your field.