The Training Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of classroom training for Private Credit Collections providing technical skills training, continuing education and performance coaching. This individual will consult and participate with the Training Manager as well as operation team managers to assess training needs and provide best in class learning solutions.
Instruction of classroom-based technical skills training to new hires and existing employees. 50%
Handle all participant and job-related administrative responsibilities, prior to, during, and post program completion. 10%
- Conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, refresher training, etc. according to the course outline and through the application of effective training techniques.
- Must be able to work either 1st or 2nd shift depending on training needs.
- Ability to travel frequently as needed. (Up to 25%)
- Ability to learn and facilitate for multiple lines of business and audience levels.
Monitor and assess trainee performance to determine their ability to begin job functions, and perform at a high level of proficiency. 10%
- Ensure tracking and reporting tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide feedback to the Training Manager on any classroom events that may require immediate attention.
- Set up all required computer equipment and training manuals for programs prior to the sessions.
- Complete any and all evaluation and assessments for distribution.
Provide one-on-one coaching/guidance to trainees who are having difficulty grasping training materials and concepts.
Maintain daily interaction with Training Manager(s), colleagues, and business partners. 10%
- Document and log trainee progress.
- Provide summary reports to management.
Participate and handle special projects and curriculum design opportunities as it applies to Training support 10%
Maintain and continue further education of the collection industry, best-in-class training techniques, and Private Credit Collections line of business. This will require time within the operations environment to keep fresh and familiar with business requirements and job functions.
Other Related Duties as Assigned 5%
Various Tasks/Duties as needed
OTHER HELPFUL EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
- ACA Collector Certification
- Langevin and/or ASTD Certifications
- Related Training Certification(s)
- Minimum of 1-3 year proven and progressive collection/call center/sales experience in a results-driven business.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize materials and make presentations in front of a group(s).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to effectively and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision within a team environment.
- Ability to learn industry regulations and Private Credit Collections policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced environment.
- Competency with personal computers and internal systems.
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to adapt to change quickly. Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
Navient - 18 months ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...