SEA LIFE Education Associates are Part-Time front-line staff members of the aquarium and must be able to communicate SEA LIFE and Merlin Entertainment values of creativity, discovery, exuberance, and innovation to groups and regular guests. Facilitates the informal guest experience by encouraging, interacting, and demonstrating to all visitors. Works as part of a team with other facilitators and SEA LIFE staff members to ensure a unique experience for every guest at the aquarium.
• Open availability **Must be able to work at least one weekend; Weekdays (Monday through Friday) flexible availability
• Proven ability as an outgoing, energetic and approachable team member
• Excellent communication skills
• Background in education/child development/ public speaking preferred
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. College education, teaching experience, knowledge of child development a plus
• Works in a team rotation with touch pools and various other positions throughout the experience.
• Encourages guest participation and interaction in SEA LIFE Aquarium.
• Inspires children by playing with props and demonstrating possibilities of the materials, if applicable, while maintaining an open-ended approach.
• Floats within areas and directly communicates with guests by greeting, explaining, and demonstrating.
• Is alert to guests need for assistance and independence.
• Facilitates educational talks using public announcement systems and microphones.
• Deliver 30-minute Behind-the-Scenes tours that are both educational and entertaining.
• Ability to deliver formal educational programs as needed
• Facilitates as a host for SEA LIFE Aquarium Birthday parties
LEGOLAND - 17 months ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...