Educate LLC (www.educatellc.com) is dedicated to inspiring students and driving achievement in K-12 schools by empowering teachers with digital tools and services that deliver on the promise of technology to transform learning. To this end, we bridge the gap between the promise of technology to transform education and the real-world challenges of implementation. We partner with K-12 schools to provide educators with customized coaching and field-tested, technology-rich, learner-centered models that drive student achievement and improve outcomes.
We are made up of Instructional Technology Coaches who are former classroom teachers, not computer teachers, who are excited about helping their fellow teachers to use technology to creatively drive their day-to-day instruction.
Since its founding in 2000, Educate has been partnering with parochial, charter and independent schools in the New York area to drive the use of technology in instruction. Each year we work with over 250 teachers.
Do you want to profoundly shape and change the lives of students? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team who is committed to teaching and passionate about students achieving their life goals? If you want to be a part of the Educate LLC team, then please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
- Work with teachers both individually in their classroom and in groups to aid them in using technology to address standards such as the Common Core as well as other student outcomes defined by the client schools. We are typically in a set of schools one day a week for the entire school year.
- Help teachers to independently plan and execute engaging lessons that drive student achievement with the aid of technology.
- Model lessons in all curricular areas.
- Work with school instructional leaders to drive the strategic, appropriate, and visionary use of technology in instructional practice.
- Measure effectiveness of technology tools in meeting school and teacher achievement goals.
- Research, evaluate and classroom test new technology strategies on an on-going basis.
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time teaching experience in a K-12 urban, public or charter schools. (Student teaching doesn’t qualify)
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Master’s Degree preferred.
- Proficient in educational hardware and software.
- Strong curriculum design and planning skills.
- Strong belief that technology can be used to enhance the learning experience in the classroom.
- Extensive experience managing or coaching teachers or school leaders.
- Proven track record of early adoption of technology in the classroom.
- Ability to take complicated topics and explain them in simple terms.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.