Under the limited supervision, provides leadership and support for online resources and applications to support the Georgia Virtual School (GaVS). Duties include, but are not limited to, organizing, developing, and supporting GAVS technology applications, databases, and systems to include technical and instructional training; troubleshooting technical issues for GAVS staff, students, facilitators, and schools; and assisting with data and content migration necessary for course setup.
Bachelor's degree in education or a related field and six (6) years of related experience OR Master's degree in education or a related field and three (3) years of related experience. Must hold Georgia Professional Standards Commission professional educator certification. Note : Must submit documentation of required certification with resume and cover letter or with application; applicants who fail to submit this documentation will not be considered.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
• Experience with enterprise web applications.
• Experience with troubleshooting technical solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced degree in education or educational technology
• Experience with multiple learning management systems
• Experience working with learning object repositories
• Experience with web-based security and online course delivery models
Pay grade 18 – Annual salary range $47,280.21 (minimum) to $82,962.30 (maximum). Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment and relevant education/training and work experience, salary history, and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.