Imagine what you could do here. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our departments, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company objectives.
The Educational Loan Specialist Manager position is a full-time employment opportunity. This person will collaborate with direct reports, department leadership, peers, all University departments and vendors to ensure effective communication, operations and goal attainment. This position will manage a team of Educational Loan Specialists and manage their day to day operations. They will ensure the department effectively educates students on: the loan process; borrower rights and responsibilities; as well as, his/her transition to successful repayment. The position is responsible for overseeing and providing leadership, coaching and training for the Educational Loan Specialists. The goal of the ELS Department is to increase borrower chances of remaining in good standing on their loans by identifying students experiencing financial hardship and informing them of his/her options, rights and resources which may provide temporary relief. The Educational Loan Specialist Manager will have a clear knowledge of student loan servicing policies, procedures and industry regulations. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance of departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
• Supports division Financial Services Director through the development, monitoring, and completion of short and long-term goals in alignment with organizational strategies and vision.
• Improves cohort default rate and projections through managing the call center and loan science activities.
• Effectively manages direct reports by providing consulting support and guidance as well as day-to-day direction both within HR and throughout all departments at Ashford
• Effectively performs supervisory responsibilities including: interviewing, hiring, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Plays an active role in management team and attends all meeting within Financial Services and Student Services
• Fosters personal and professional growth of staff through daily interaction and support.
• Understands and is able to effectively impart knowledge of all stages of the student loan process - Applicant, borrower, borrower not in repayment, borrower transition to repayment, delinquent borrower, borrower in default, and rehabilitation
• Effectively creates strategies and plans for individuals in all stages of the student loan borrowing cycle.
• Works with lenders, guarantors, servicers and third party vendors to contact students who have become delinquent.
• Contacts students entering their grace period as a reminder of the date/timeframe that their loans will enter repayment status.
• Assists loan recipients with deferments, forbearances, consolidation or rehabilitation of federal student loans.
• Assists other internal departments to encourage responsible borrowing and proper debt management.
• Assists students in default status who are attempting to return to school or transfer to another school with steps they must take to regain Title IV eligibility.
• Supports comprehensive entrance and exit counseling sessions with student borrowers.
• Able to adapt to changing assignments, multiple priorities and deadlines successfully.
• Able to leverage technological resources to accurately monitor and measure work.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Works closely with the campus and the on-line division Financial Aid management team and the trainers in assisting students with default prevention initiatives.
• Interacts effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
• Listens to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: This competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: This leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: This competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• 3+ years of experience in student loan servicing in a post-secondary institution.
• 2-3 years of call center experience in operations improving systems and processes.
• 2-3 years of managerial Knowledge of program and repayment requirements for William D Ford Fed Direct and Stafford loan programs consolidation and PLUS loans.
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Ability to make sound decisions, good analytical skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
• Flexible and maintains a professional manner at all times.
• Excellent verbal, written, customer service and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Experience with call centers technologies, including Work Force Management, CRM, Dialer, Chat, and Avaya Phone System.
• Managing of direct reports in remote locations.
• Experience in business office, lender, guarantor or servicer environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...