Educational Outreach - Access ASU is hiring an Executive Coordinator to provide leadership in the development of partnerships with K-12 schools, faculty, staff and community to assist in preparing students for future enrollment and success at ASU. The Executive Coordinator performs work of considerable difficulty in strategizing, administering and coordinating programs and services in an assigned K-12 district or area within Outreach. Specific duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as primary liaison by identifying and engaging appropriate connections between
assigned K-12 district or area, and university departments and colleges, working toward
mutually beneficial outcomes
- Advising various groups in a variety of related areas such as college readiness and
completion and providing information about university resources, including giving
- Conducting needs assessment of assigned K-12 district or area, reviewing/analyzing
results and preparing recommendations, based on findings
- Preparing strategic plans for assigned area and monitoring progress toward meeting
- Serving on various committees, boards and teams in support of Outreach goals
- Traveling to off-campus meetings and events regularly, using personal vehicle
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday to include evenings and some Saturdays.
Bachelor's degree in related field AND five (5) years of administrative experience in higher education, 2 of which is in a supervisory capacity or related field; OR, Master's degree in related field AND three (3) years of administrative experience in higher education, 1 of which is in a supervisory capacity or related field; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Evidence of: a Master's degree; ability to speak, write, and read in Spanish/English (bilingual). Experience in: working with K-12 school systems; recruiting and/or engaging in outreach activities with K-12 students; working with diverse student populations (first generation, low-income, scholar); working in a professional leadership position.
Arizona State University - 10 months ago
Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research university...