Educational Outreach - Access ASU is hiring an Outreach Specialist to assist in developing family programs and to implement new strategies for increasing access and outreach for K-12 students and families. The Outreach Specialist will advocate for and provide guidance to students and families through regular communication, school visits and other strategies to ensure that participants are on-track to meet ASU entrance requirements and other overall university enrollment criteria. Specific assignments may include: training workshop facilitators; ensuring quality control of content delivery; reviewing academic transcripts; sharing information on extracurricular and additional academic rigor opportunities; working with families to ensure support of student's academic progress; addressing first-generation issues relative to university enrollment, and providing guidance throughout the financial assistance process. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a resource on topics including, but not limited to, college readiness, admissions, financial aid and other university resources
- Work with Executive Coordinators to support implementation of strategic plans in targeted school districts
- Develop and implement programs for parents and families that support college readiness goals
- Develop mechanisms for tracking parent and student participation
- Assist in organizing campus visits and related programs for prospective students and their families
- Develop relationships with community organizations, parent and family groups and school districts to create opportunities for delivering college readiness information
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other members of Outreach and K-12 schools, the community, ASU students, faculty, and staff to effectively implement strategies
- Conduct workshops and presentations for prospective students and families
- Develop a robust set of programs that engage parents and families of prospective
students in an on-going relationship with Arizona State University
- Disseminate information to parents, families and students that raise awareness regarding college readiness, collegiate scholars, and ASU Preparatory Academies
- Generate reports documenting and tracking activities
- Evaluate all aspects of the program and make modifications, as needed
- Travel to school sites using personal vehicle
DAYS AND SCHEDULE:
8am to 5pm Monday through Friday to include evenings and some Saturdays.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND two (2) years of related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Evidence of: a Master's degree; ability to speak, write and read in Spanish/English (Bilingual). Experience in: working with K-12 school systems; recruiting and/or engaging in outreach activities with K-12 students; working with diverse student populations (first-generation, low-income, scholar); developing and facilitating workshops; managing multiple projects.
Arizona State University - 13 months ago
Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research university...