Everett Community College
Would you like to help students achieve their educational goals? Everett Community College has a current opening for an Educational Planner.
In this role, you will develop, coordinate, and lead activities in mandatory advising, guiding new and returning students through the process of identifying and attaining their educational goals.
Typical duties will include:
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Develop training sessions to engage faculty and other staff members in fulfilling their roles in the process
- Lead student workshops and orientation sessions
- Plan and coordinate quarterly Advising Week events
- Guide students in the admission process, course selection, registration, transcript evaluation, and graduation procedures
- Explain various academic and technical programs offered by the college
- Inform students about degree requirements
- Connect students with resources needed to meet educational needs
- Refer students to support services as needed
- Perform unofficial transcript evaluations
- Interpret and explain entry assessment test scores
- Prepare budget requests
It’s a plus if you have a Master’s degree, bilingual language skills, or previous work experience in a college or university setting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One or more years experience providing educational planning and advising, or other closely related experience
- Ability to use a personal computer and various software and database programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and abilities
- Demonstrated strong customer service experience and skills
- Strong oral, written, public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong teamwork skills
This is a full time position with benefits. Salary is $3,117 to $4,088 per month plus benefits. Apply online by March 27, 2013. To view more details and to apply, go to the online job posting at http://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/1688
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Everett Community College - 21 months ago