Are you passionate about learning and technology? We may have just the spot for you…
At Ashford University, we know that technology changes everything. The Instructional Design team is looking to add support to the course development process in the design and production of engaging, outcomes-driven learning objects. In this position, you will work with Faculty members, Instructional Designers and Program Managers to develop technology based solutions that aid in student learning and engagement.
If you understand the art and science of Instructional Design for eLearning, have a passion for education and a desire to impact thousands of students’ learning experience, we need to talk to you!
Educational Technology Designer:
The Educational Technology Developer position is a full time employment opportunity.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Instructional Design and Academic Quality, the Educational Technology Developer provides assistance to Instructional Designers and Faculty in creating and implementing effective technology based learning solutions that incorporate Universal Design Principles and sound pedagogy. Efforts are based on best practices and the institution’s established philosophy and approach.
Essential Job Duties:
• Works collaboratively with Instructional Designers, Faculty, Staff, and Administrators to plan, design, and develop interactive learning objects to aid in student learning engagement and retention.
• Applies components of instructional design processes including needs analyses, developing to stated learning outcomes, specifying differentiated instructional strategies, designing effective and aesthetic user interfaces.
• Meets vigorous production schedule deadlines for multimedia creation in collaboration with Instructional Designers, Faculty, Assessment Analysts, and members of the Quality Assurance team.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Researches and evaluates emerging instructional technology tools and provides recommendations for implementation.
• Models effective design practices in the implementation of instructional technologies to support online course development.
• Assists faculty in augmenting course materials to increase achievement of stated learning outcomes.
• Participates in various projects related to the enhancing the course learning environment and improving the multimedia development process.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Master’s Degree in instructional design, Instructional Technology, Education or a related field required.
• A minimum of three-five years of experience designing instruction for online learning environments required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design principles and practices required.
• 2-3 years of experience teaching, preferably at the college or university level.
• Knowledge of Universal Design and section 508 compliance preferred.
• Experience as a teacher, trainer, and/or professional development instructor for adult learners preferred.
• Master’s Degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education or a related field required.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 17 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...