The Salon Educator for every channel is a key role for
the training and execution of Education in the field.
Responsible for communicating the corporate education
message to cosmetologists working in independent beauty
salons, booth rental salons, chain salons, schools, and
other professional beauty products outlets within
appointed Distributor(s). Effectively coordinate with
District Sales Managers (DSM) to manage all aspects of
the educational activities to support the Distributors’
business. Support relationship with Distributors.
This position serves as a critical link between Kao USA
and the Distributor / Salon for the strategic training
of education programming and resources, in support of
sales goals. The role is essential to the sales cycle by
delivering the best-in-class training to salons and
stylists and to ensure ongoing education support. The
key to success in this distribution strategy will be to
have a thorough knowledge of Kao USA Brands and programs
with the ability to train and develop education
resources (Technical Specialist) in order to deliver
best in class education to salons.
- Minimum of 5 years field experience as a licensed
- Minimum of 2 years education/training experience
State Board of Cosmetic Art in the field of
- Must be currently certified and licensed by the
Cosmetology in those states of assigned territory.
cutting, coloring and styling hair, preferably using
- 3+ years work experience in a salon as a Stylist
Goldwell and/or KMS products.
educational programs within the beauty industry
- Previous experience creating and presenting
competitive professional products is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Goldwell and KMS and key
include color vision and depth perception.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job
create, maintain, update and properly format
- Basic knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint to
documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
by way of car, bus, train, air, boat and/or mass
- May require 60% to 70% U.S. and international travel
others to effectively accomplish assignments, tasks
- Requires the ability to manage, motivate and lead
manage time effectively to adhere to schedules and
- Must be organized with the ability to prioritize and
with clients, customers and employees at all levels
- Ability to interact appropriately and professionally
within and outside the Organization.
communication with proficiency in speaking and
- Requires clear concise verbal and written
writing in English.
- Ability to maintain and control budget dollars as
bending, sitting and frequent lifting, pushing
- Requires walking, standing for long periods of time,
and/or moving up to 35 pounds.
occasional travel outside the U.S. by way of car,
- Requires 60% to 70% travel within the U.S. and
train, air and mass transit.
holidays as required.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and
Req. Code : 234
Division/Department : SALON
KAO - 23 months ago
Kao Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, has announced that it will commence its prestige cosmetics business in China in March 2004....