Location: Waxahachie, TX – US
Electrical Reliability Engineer
The Electrical Reliability Engineer is primarily responsible for leadership, coaching, training and driving reliability-based asset management strategies to include routine electrical maintenance and reliability of Plant processing equipment, utility systems, & process controls systems. Job functions included in this role are: Short and long term planning of maintenance needs, development and execution of Preventative and Predictive Maintenance programs, serve as a technical resource and a training resource for the plant, assist in weekly schedule development, as well as supervision of assigned maintenance personnel as needed. The Electrical Reliability Engineer is also responsible for the leadership and deliverables within the Maintenance Department that result in continuous improvement in plant performance. The incumbent is responsible for safely and efficiently maintaining the equipment and facilities needed to produce a high quality product.
1. Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
ensure personnel are not injured from electrical hazards.
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Manage and execute safety work requests within 30 days or less.
- Coordinate and ensure continuous improvement in housekeeping and safety.
- Provide leadership in Arc Flash protection programs and procedures to
2. Equipment Reliability
3. Reliability Work Process
- Improve overall equipment reliability through the use of industry best practices.
- Implement Predictive maintenance programs such as Thermography, ultrasonics, motor circuit analysis, partial discharge, and vibration analysis.
- Improvement to the plant operating efficiency and manufacturing costs
- Increase the efficiency of work by driving planning and scheduling of work.
- Improve Bill Of Materials, Preventative Maintenance and task list within the SAP system.
- Monitor and oversee the work being preformed and ensure precision maintenance is adhered to.
- Administer company policies and be compliant to union contract
- Provide technical support to the plant and serve as a training resource.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- BS degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical)
- 5-7 years manufacturing experience (preferably Electrical Reliability Engineering)
- 5-7 years of leadership/supervisory experience
About Owens Corning
- DC/AC drives
- PLC and control logics
- Power distribution systems
- Combustion Burner Systems
- Vibration analysis
- Oil analysis
- Union experience preferred
Owens Corning has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites found in the automotive industry to innovative roofing products to energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011, and we are preparing to celebrate our 75th anniversary in 2013. A Fortune® 500 company for 58 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 28 countries reaching across five continents. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer
Owens Corning - 12 months ago
Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company is a top...