- Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
- Test condition of windings according to EASA Standards.
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
- Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
- Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA Standards and document test results.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, back ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
- Certification from a Technical school helpful.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Prior experience working as a Winder desired.
TAW ® offers a competitive salary depending on experience. We also offer an exceptional benefits package including Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Optional Short-term & Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K and Profit Sharing.
"We provide our customers with Quality, Dedication, and Service. Our staff of dedicated professionals will team up with you to provide...