- Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
- Test condition of windings according to EASA Standards.
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage or intended serviceability.
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
- Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and transformers. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
- Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA Standards and document test results.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, back ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
- Certification from a Technical school helpful.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Prior experience working as a Winder desired.
TAW ® offers a competitive salary depending on experience. We also offer an exceptional benefits package including Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Optional Short-term & Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Tuition Reimbursement, 401K and Profit Sharing.
TAMPA ARMATURE WORKS - 17 months ago
"We provide our customers with Quality, Dedication, and Service. Our staff of dedicated professionals will team up with you to provide...