Electric Shop Foreman at the Spring Grove PA Facility to manage varying work schedules and everyday operations effectively referring to the performance of maintenance, repair and installation of equipment in the assigned area of responsibility, and other related duties as assigned.
10% Strategic (Forward thinking)
90% Tactical (Daily expectations)
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor, the applicant oversees the operation of the Electric Shop to ensure efficiency of scheduling and execution of work, coordination of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of all mill equipment under their control. Continuously upgrading employee skills to meet the demands of new technology are a critical part of this applicant’s responsibility. The incumbent provides for the effective and timely completion of maintenance work through coordination with planners, and operations coordinators.
This position is required to work closely with engineering, production and other departments, at all levels of supervision, throughout the plant in making estimates, determining priorities, scheduling, and managing shop personnel. In addition, this person must be able to handle deadlines, variable workloads, and be on call 24-hours when needed.
This individual must be proactive in: Driving our safety culture, driving continuous improvement through scheduling, PM/PdM (Reliability Improvement), 6S, and other mill continuous improvement efforts.
• Champions safety in every aspect of the position
• Promotes Environmental Awareness
• Responsible and accountable for data entry. (Time sheets, Overtime, Scheduling, Technical data, SAP-PM time confirmations and craftsmen feedback)
• Must maintain effective working relationships with operations, other maintenance personnel, vendors, contractors and engineers.
• Directing the workforce on off-shifts to repair equipment, as needed (both via the phone and on the job).
• May be required to assist in trouble-shooting.
• Perform purchasing duties as needed through effective and efficient interface with Storeroom and Procurement personnel.
• Evaluate and manage the collection of job feedback to improve future work.
• Have accountability for all discretionary spend in the shop.
• Required to have good communication skills throughout the organization.
• Writes and reviews purchase requisitions, approves job invoices, and manages spend in the maintenance department within approved budgets.
• Contact person for coordination of contractor activity.
• Executes Continuous Improvement programs; acts as a change agent.
• Resolves all shop floor issues, and executes all company policies consistently using the IBB process.
• Be customer focused
• Promote PM/PdM and best work practices
• Be a forward thinker.
• Schedule, hold, and assign weekly safety meetings.
• Prepares reports and completes assorted duties as required.
• Responsible for all outside resources for their craft.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Assess man hour availability daily and several weeks in advance.
• On-Call Supervisor Rotation.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
• Journeyman level certification in a state recognized electrical apprentice program or equivalent electrical experience.
• Must have the ability to manage people.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in an industrial environment.
• Must have above average communication skills, both written and oral.
• Above average computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
• SAP, MP2, CMMS or other software experience would be a plus.
• Ability to handle deadlines, variable workloads, and being on-call, as required.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work assignments.
• Ability to wear respirator safety equipment
• Ability to wear protective clothing as required by prevailing conditions
• Ability to perform mathematical computations for design, layouts, drawings, tolerances, fabrication, estimating and purchasing.
• Ability to read, interpret and apply information from files, drawings, catalogs, reports and manuals.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; taste or smell; the employee is frequently required to sit; the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and the ability to wear appropriate vision protection. The noise level in the work environment requires the use of appropriate hearing protection.
P. H. Glatfelter Company (Glatfelter) is a manufacturer of specialty papers and fiber-based engineered products. It manufactures a range of...