Responsible for functional technical leadership of engineering programs and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Design systems and components for hybrid and electric vehicles.
2. Work with external partners to develop new electric vehicle technologies and applications.
4. Utilize the Polaris product development process.
5. Plans, conducts and supervises technical assignments. Reviews progress and evaluates results.
6. Establishes projected part and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
7. Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule.
8. Lead design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
9. Recommends comonent and systems to maximize commonality with other Polaris vehicles and to improve manufacturability
10. Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required.
2. 3 years minimum previous experience in vehicle engineering preferred.
3. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
4. Creative and innovative.
5. Decisive and prone to action.
6. Quality and customer focused.
7. Pro-E experience preferred.
Polaris Industries - 11 months ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...