- Performs acceptance and performance testing on existing and new equipment
- Communicate the daily, planned and forced outage maintenance activities to the O&M staff and others as required.
- Support coordination of work activities with O&M work groups, contractors and service providers
- Research equipment operations problems and identify primary failure cause and implement corrective action under supervision.
- Handle DCS / Instrumentation and Control tasks such as, but not limited to: DCS preventive and corrective maintenance, implementation of minor logic changes, troubleshooting and maintenance of various transmitters, pneumatic, hydraulic motor operated controls.
- Handle electrical maintenance tasks such as, but not limited to, breaker maintenance, electrical PM’s, troubleshooting, heat trace maintenance, and MOV actuator maintenance.
- Perform routine test such as, but not limited to transmitter calibration, valve calibration, loop checks, megger, continuity test, resistance, etc.
- Assist in the development of standard operational / maintenance instructions as assigned
- Operate, control and monitor power generation, Zero Discharge Plant, auxiliary and balance of plant equipment and systems, and support other technicians performing these tasks.
- Maintain knowledge of the status of plant operations and report abnormal conditions to a plant supervisor or manager
- Maintain plant housekeeping and security
- Works to establish and maintain facility certification under ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
- 5 years hands-on electrical, instrument, and control maintenance experience in a power generation facility or other industrial establishments, preferably with voltage levels up to 345KV and with ABB ADVANT based systems
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting transmitter, valve actuators, electronic controls, and PLC’s
- I&C skills to include proficiency with various test equipment, HART communicators, smart positioners, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and monitoring instrumentation
- Experience in motors, breakers, power distribution, batteries, wiring, electrical testing and troubleshooting
- Electrical skills to include proficiency with test equipment, cable terminations, breakers, MOV’s motors, emergency batteries, power distribution centers, and lifting and rigging equipment.
- Ability to read drawing details and comprehend OEM Maintenance instructions
- Ability to work rotating shift work schedule as requested
- Must have knowledge of Safety and Environment rules as they relate to electrical, instrument and controls maintenance
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to originally produce written procedures and instructions.
- Must be proficient in the utilization of PC’s for information processing and management. Must have prior experience with computer and PLC based process control systems.
- Prior experience in determining job task requirements to include, parts/materials/tooling/and developing scope/specifications
- Experience with CMMS. Familiarity with Maximo is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- High School diploma, trade school, military service or technical school training
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- On-call status 24x7 as required
- Able to safely climb ladders, work in constricted space
- Stooping, crouching or kneeling required to perform many job tasks
- Requires lifting up to 70 pounds
- Respirator may be required
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
GDF SUEZ Energy North America is an equal opportunity employer.
GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using our website. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may call 713-636-1900 for possible alternative application processes.