· Perform acceptance and performance testing on existing and new equipment
· Communicate the daily, planned and forced outage maintenance activities to the O&M staff and others as required
· Support coordination of work activities with O&M work groups, contractors and service providers
· Research equipment operations problems and identify primary failure cause and implement corrective action under supervision
· Handle electrical maintenance tasks such as, but not limited to, breaker maintenance, electrical PM’s, troubleshooting, heat trace maintenance, and MOV actuator maintenance
· Perform routine test such as, but not limited to, megger, continuity test, resistance
· Assist in the development of standard operational procedures as assigned
· Operate, control and monitor power generation, ZDP, auxiliary and balance of plant equipment and systems, and support other technicians performing these tasks
· Maintain knowledge of the status of plant operations and report abnormal conditions to a plant supervisor or manager
· Maintain plant housekeeping and security
· Perform other duties as assigned
· 5 years of hands-on electrical maintenance/repair experience in a power generation facility, process plant or related military experience, preferably with voltage levels up-to 345KV.
· Experience in motors, breakers, power distribution, batteries, wiring, electrical testing and troubleshooting
· Electrical skills to include proficiency with test equipment, cable terminations, breakers, MOV’s, motors, emergency batteries, power distribution centers, and lifting and rigging equipment
· Ability to read drawing details and comprehend OEM Maintenance instructions
· Ability to work rotating shift work schedule as requested
· Must have knowledge of Safety and Environment rules as they relate to mechanical maintenance
· Prior experience in determining job task requirements to include, parts/materials/tooling and developing scope/specifications
· Working knowledge of CMMS. Familiarity with Maximo preferred
· Proficiency in MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook
· High School diploma, trade school, military service or technical school training
· On-call status 24x7 as required
· Able to safely climb ladders, work in constricted space
· Stooping, crouching or kneeling required to perform many job tasks
· Requires lifting up to 70 pounds
· Respirator may be required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
GDF SUEZ Energy North America Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using our website. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may call 713-636-1900 for possible alternative application processes.
Suez Energy - 21 months ago