Generally responsible for performing all aspects for complete design of electrical/instrumentation assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. This level is expected to assist in the design of larger and more complex electrical/instrumentation assignments. This work will be performed under minimal supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Familiarity with and utilizing department design and drafting standards.
• Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
• Producing installation details, motor control center single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementaries, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, power and instrumentation plans under minimal supervision.
• Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly.
• Providing on-site assistance during startup.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate degree in Engineering Technology or Computer-Aided Drafting preferred.
• Position requires 2 to 10 years of relevant industrial experience (oil and gas, chemical, power, etc.) in electrical and instrumentation drafting and design.
• Familiarity with the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
• Ability to perform lighting level calculations.
• Ability to size wire, conduit and overcurrent protection for both lighting and power applications.
• Ability to perform voltage drop calculations.
• Ability to route conduit and cable tray.
• Ability to calculate tray fill.
• Ability to determine motor control center loading.
• Familiarity with specifications and installation details of construction bulk materials and equipment.
• Ability to create accurate electrical installation documents from the information found on vendor equipment drawings.
• Ability to determine load center unit substation loading.
• Knowledge and understanding of work flow/information flow between disciplines.
• Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements for the production of all electrical deliverables.
• Ability to accurately estimate completion of assigned tasks.
• Knowledge and application of company engineering design and CAD drafting standards.
• Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Proficient in the use of 2D AutoCAD and Microstation. 3D AutoCAD preferred.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to climb ladders or perform duties utilizing a safety harness.
• Ability to perform duties within confined spaces for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a fire-retardant jumpsuit, safety glasses, ear plugs and/or hard hat.
• Ability to lift and carry in excess of 15 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Hargrove Engineers + Constructors - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1995, Hargrove Engineers + Constructors has served the needs of industry through its dedication to the client’s best interests....