The Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer (E&I) is responsible for performing routine maintenance, installation and integration of various types of process control instrumentation equipment such as transmitters, controllers, integrators, recorders, square root extractors and final drive elements. The E&I Engineer is also responsible for making repairs to electrical power, motor and motor control circuits.
Duties and Responsibilities
Corporate (Experitec) & Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop positive and influential relationships with customers in order to specify, use, and maintain our solutions
- Develop a complete understanding of the customer requirements (technical & operational) in each application we serve
- Provide training & technical support to customers to ensure they realize value in the products and solutions we provide
- Influence the customer’s behavior and spend toward investment in our products, services and future relationship by providing exemplary technical service and support.
- Embrace and exhibit Experitec’s Core Values
- Achieve technical knowledge of the products & services we deploy at the customer site
- Understand and promote the technical capabilities and performance of Experitec and our Principals
- Understand and promote our technical differentiation and value to our customers
- Effectively apply the strategy, products, and services of Experitec and our Principals
- Take technical responsibility for the solutions we propose, quote, and deploy
- With Account Managers – serve sales effort with use of your technical knowledge and leadership
- With Plant Performance Services – support technical needs of providers in the field; provide training and support on applications and new product technologies we use at our accounts, facilitate and support the planning and deployment of service personnel
Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills)
Education: B.S. in Electrical Engineering or technical coursework in electronics/instrumentation
Experience: 5 to 10 years of experience in the manufacturing industry doing installation, maintenance and repair of electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
Technical Expertise: N/A
Additional Required Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of electrical control systems and associated equipment (PLC and/or DCS); process instrumentation, and of electrical power and distribution and protection equipment.
Additional Preferred Knowledge: N/A
Measurements of Success
Provide billable services
Meets on average 32 hours per week of billable services
Provide clear value to the customer
Provide one Quantitative Business Result per quarter
Experitec, Inc., headquartered in St. Louis, has been in business serving the process automation needs of our local industrial-manufacturing...