Talisman Energy Inc., headquartered in Canada, is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company with three main operating areas: North America, the North Sea, and Southeast Asia. As a subsidiary, Talisman Energy USA Inc has oil and gas operations strategically located throughout New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Talisman and its subsidiaries are committed to the health, safety, and security of its employees, contractors, and communities; and works to ensure its operations are carried out safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Talisman Energy Inc. is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (North America) and its Company shares trade on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges as TLM. Visit Talisman Energy USA Inc. on the Internet at www.talismanusa.com and Talisman Energy Inc. at www.talisman-energy.com .
Req ID: 15601
Location: Three Rivers, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: February 06, 2013
The I & E Lead manages, plans and ensures the effective implementation of all preventative and corrective maintenance as related to instrumentation and electrical equipment and quality assurance requirements for this production area. This individual guides and directs instrument & electrical technical personnel. Contributes to employee’s performance and development. In addition to, leading others, this employee brings a high level of expertise to the role with focus on safe production.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
- Prioritize and coordinate the work loads of Instrument and Electrical personnel, both employees and contractors
- Manages all repair work requests for routine and major maintenance of I & E related activities within CMMS (MAXIMO). Supports scheduling, planning and executing work orders.
- Manage the requirements special projects i.e. electrical & instrument upgrades, major equipment installs, and plant turnarounds, etc
- Ensure all safety and loss control requirements are maintained in synergy completed and closed.
- Maintain a critical and spare parts inventory as related to I & E equipment.
- Manage all staff issues including vacation, apprenticeship programs, career development, etc.
- Assume responsibility for all associated budget activities, and cost controls.
- Able to make quick, educated decisions based on accurate information.
- Ensure management of change requirements are current with company policy
Education, Experience, Technical Qualifications
- As the ideal candidate you would have been a journeyman in either Electrical and/or Instrumentation with a working knowledge of both with a minimum 8 years related experience preferably experience in the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry in a supervisory role.
- Other education and experience may be considered.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Wonderware or Ifix and Allen-Bradley software and others
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Electric Code
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits up to and including (4160 volts) Rack in/out breakers & switchgear
- Knowledge and understanding of ANSI, & API standards and specifications for pneumatic pressure and liquid controllers, throttle/snap pilots, control valves, liquid level switch’s ,regulators, dump valves,
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair UPS systems, and auxiliary equipment including generators
- Actively participate in RCA’s and improvement of facility’s I & E Process’s & PM’s
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize work
- Knowledge of facility’s control logic systems able to perform maintenance and repairs to transmitters, control valves and calibration of analyzers and control components
- Working knowledge of interfacing with DCS (Distributive Control Systems) and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Maintain & Update facility P & ID schematics ,Must have a complete working knowledge of Control logic, Flow process’s P&IDs, electrical/pneumatic schematics and technical manuals.
- Ability to work under DOT, OQ and PSM regulation
- Maintain calibration & certification associated records for all test equipment..
- Install repair and maintain motors, transformers, generators, lights, circuits, wiring and other electrical system equipment and associated components in compliance with electrical codes, standards and regulations
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Mentor I/E technicians Apprentices.
- Demonstrate the corporate Values: Honest Communication, a Bias for results, Respect, Excellence, teamwork, safety mindset, and Passion
- High level of energy, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- A positive professional attitude and a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Assertive, polite, and tactful
- Ability to negotiate and compromise where required.
- Knowledgeable in best practices for installation, construction and maintenance
- Knowledgeable of local regulatory requirements
- Skilled in word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software with the ability to learn new programs
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize workloads while managing multiple concurrent tasks, sometimes under tight deadlines.
- Interact harmoniously & professionally with others in the organization including counterparts/ advisers at Talisman Energy.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in the US will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Talisman Energy - 21 months ago