Experienced draftsperson/technician able to perform non-routine and complex drafting assignments that require the application of standardized drawing assignments that require the application of standardized drawing techniques.
Basic Qualifications: Minimum 4 years computer-graphics and drafting experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; AutoCAD or Microstation required.
Preferred Qualifications: Associates degree in a related field preferred; Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, Geopak, GIS recommended.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operation of computer-aided drafting input station using digitizer, console units, disk storage and preprogrammed material to develop finished drawings.
2. Knowledge of Windows environment to develop finished drawings.
3. Analyze sketches, notes, and other input material to determine best approach to complex drawing with knowledge of drawings connection to the remaining plan set.
4. Works independently with occasional advice from supervisor.
5. Able to use all drafting tools, both on computer and with manual drafting supplies.
6. Plots maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to buildings, retaining walls, tunnels, overhead power lines, and other structures.
7. Drafts detailed drawings of structures and installations such as roads, culverts, fresh water supply, sewage disposal systems, dikes, wharfs, breakwaters and buildings such as hangars, administration and maintenance facilities.
8. Access drawings and contract documents in order to best represent company through application of risk management skills.
9. Computes volume of tonnage for excavation and fills and prepares graphs and hauling diagrams used in earthmoving operations.
10. Understand relation between plan, elevation, profile, section drawings and schedules such as room finish, area and doors
11. Progresses from simple to moderately complex projects under general supervision.
12. Ability to interpret and use given standards of drafting, calculation, file management.
Work Environment –
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate, however when on site may be very loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position may require some travel to offices and client sites within their respective area, using various modes of transportation including automobile and airline. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.